Uccelliera Rosso di Montalcino DOC 2019
- 100% Sangiovese from clay and sand soils rich in minerals
- Made from younger Brunello di Montalcino vineyards
- Cold maceration with the skins at 10-12 degrees Celsius
- Fermentation and maceration with the skins for 18/20 days with pumping over of the must in steel vats with temperature control
- Malolactic fermentation in steel followed by maturation in oak casks and barrels of various capacity for 10 months
- Finishing in the bottle for 5 months
"Luminous dark red. Lively aromas of redcurrant, red licorice, and mint, plus complicating nuances of balsamic oils and violet. Juicy, spicy flavors of red berries and cherries are very deep and pure. In a cooler, low-fat style than usual for this wine, with harmonious acidity nicely extending the flavors on the long juicy and perfumed back end. A declassified Brunello, this is a really outstanding Rosso di Montalcino."